Since February 2017 I am assistant professor at École de technologie supérieure (ETS), the youngest and fastest-growing university located in the center of Montreal, the AI Mountain!
In 2015-2016 I have been post-doc in THOTH at INRIA Grenoble with Dr. Cordelia Schmid and Dr. Jakob Verbeek. From 2012 to 2015 I was in VISICS at KU Leuven with prof. Tinne Tuytelaars. I obtained my Ph.D. at the Computer Vision Center and the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB) under the supervision of Jordi Gonzàlez and Juan José Villanueva.
The current bottleneck in deep learning is not much about the amount of available data, but rather the capability to process this data and the cost of annotating it.
My main objectives are:
This will open the doors to the deployment of modern computer vision algorithms on the increasingly demanding market of small and computation limited portable and embedded devices.
I am looking for motivated PhD students in the field of Computer Vision and Machine Learning. Their research will focus on learning deep models with reduced supervision; for instance, but not limited to weakly-supervised learning, semi-supervised learning, active learning on images, video, audio and text. Also, methods for reducing the computational cost of deep learning approaches will be investigated and developed. Apart form this position, you can find research funds opportunities to work in my lab at this page.
- An Attention Model for group-level emotion recognition, Aarush Gupta, Dakshit Agrawal, Hardik Chauhan, Jose Dolz, Marco Pedersoli, in ACM International Conference on Multimodal Interaction, October 2018. (pdf)
- Areas of Attention for Image Captioning, Marco Pedersoli, Thomas Lucas, Cordelia Schmid, Jakob Verbeek, in International Conference of Computer Vision, October 2017. (pdf)
- DeepProposal: Hunting Objects and Actions by Cascading Deep Convolutional Layers, Amir Ghodrati, Ali Diba, Marco Pedersoli, Tinne Tuytelaars, Luc Van Gool, in International Journal of Computer Vision, March 2017. (pdf,iccv15,code)
- Towards Automatic Image Editing: Learning to See another You, Xu Jia, Amir Ghodrati, Marco Pedersoli, Tinne Tuytelaars in BMVC, September 2016. (pdf,extended abstract,code)
- Learning where to position parts in 3D, Marco Pedersoli, Tinne Tuytelaars, in ICCV, December 2015. (pdf,3DV14,poster,code)
- Swap Retrieval: Retrieving Images of Cats When the Query Shows a Dog, Amir Ghodrati, Xu Jia, Marco Pedersoli, Tinne Tuytelaars, in ICMR, June 2015. (pdf)
- Combining where and what in change detection for unsupervised foreground learning in surveillance, Ivan Huerta, Marco Pedersoli, Jordi Gonzàlez, Alberto Sanfeliu, in Pattern Recognition,Vol.48(3), 709-719, 2015 (pdf)
- Weakly Supervised Object Detection with Convex Clustering, Hakan Bilen, Marco Pedersoli, Tinne Tuytelaars, in CVPR, June 2015. (pdf)
- A Coarse-to-fine approach for fast deformable object detection, Marco Pedersoli, Andrea Vedaldi, Jordi Gonzàlez, in Patter Recognition, Vol.48(5), May 2015. (pdf,cvpr11,pptx,code)
- Face detection without bells and whistles, Markus Mathias, Rodrigo Benenson, Marco Pedersoli, Luc Van Gool, in ECCV, September 2014. (pdf,odp,project)
- Is 2D information enough for viewpoint estimation?, Amir Ghodrati, Marco Pedersoli, Tinne Tuytelaars, in BMVC, September 2014. (pdf)
- Weakly Supervised Object Detection with Posterior Regularization, Hakan Binen, Marco Pedersoli, Tinne Tuytelaars, in BMVC, September 2014. (pdf)
- Using a deformation field model for localizing faces and facial points under weak supervision, Marco Pedersoli, Tinne Tuytelaars, Luc Van Gool, in CVPR, June 2014. (pdf,video1,video2,video3,code)
- Object Classification with Adaptable Regions, Hakan Bilen, Marco Pedersoli, Vinay P. Namboodiri, Tinne Tuytelaars, Luc Van Gool, in CVPR, June 2014. (pdf)
- An Elastic Deformation Field Model for Object Detection and Tracking, Marco Pedersoli, Radu Timofte, Tinne Tuytelaars, Luc Van Gool, International Journal of Computer Vision, June 2014, (pdf,report)
- Toward Real-Time Pedestrian Detection Based on a Deformable Template Model, Marco Pedersoli, Jordi Gonzàlez, Xu Hu, Xavier Roca, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 15(1), September 2013. (pdf)
- Hierarchical Multiresolution Models for fast Object Detection, Marco Pedersoli, Phd Thesis, September 2012. (pdf,bib)
For the complete list of my publications check my google scholar.
- Roi-Pooling in Lasagne. Porting of R-CNN roi-pooling in Lasagne github.
- Weakly Supervised Detection. Python (Caffe) Code based on Fast RCNN for weakly supervised detection github.
- Face detection evaluation code. Python and C source code bitbucket.
- Fast 3D Object Detection. Python and C source code github.
- Deformation Field Model. Python and C source code github.
- ETS: "Réseaux de Neurones et Intelligence Artificielle" Autumn 2018
- ETS: "Apprentissage Machine" Hiver 2018
- ETS: "Réseaux de Neurones et Intelligence Artificielle" Autumn 2017
- KU Leuven: Embedded Systems and Multimedia 2014
- Teachning assiatant in UAB: Computer Science 2009-2012
- Teachning assiatant in UAB: Bioinformatics 2009-2012
- Teachning assiatant in UAB: Computational Logic 2008-2009
- Saypraseuth Mounsaveng
- Akhil P M
- Jizong Peng
- Kristof Boucher Charbonneau
- Théo Arial
- Masih Aminbeidokhti
- Mirmohammad Saadati
- Mehraveh Javan